FLOW-3D HYDRO features a streamlined, water-focused user interface and offers new simulation templates for efficient modeling workflows, as well as expanded training materials geared to the needs of the civil or environmental engineer. Powered by the industry-leading FLOW-3D solver engine, along with new developments for mine tailings, multiphase flows and shallow water models, FLOW-3D HYDRO puts exceptional simulation capabilities in the hands of the user.
Our FLOW-3D HYDRO workshops introduce the new FLOW-3D HYDRO software to civil and environmental engineers through a series of guided, hands-on exercises. You will explore the hydraulics of typical dam and weir cases, municipal conveyance and wastewater problems, and river and environmental applications. By the end of the workshop, you will have absorbed FLOW-3D HYDRO’s user interface, reviewed CFD modeling best practices, and become familiar with the steps that are common to three classes of hydraulic problems.
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops run from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm ET (8:00 am – 11:00 am PT) over two consecutive days.
Who should attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modeling community
- University students interested in using CFD in their research
- All modelers working in the field of environmental hydraulics
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions.
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, particles, scalars and turbulence.
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results.
You’ve completed the workshop, now what?
We recognize that you may want to further explore the capabilities of FLOW-3D HYDRO by setting up your own problem or comparing CFD results with prior measurements in the field or in the lab. After the workshop, your license will be extended for 30 days. During this time you will have the support of one of our CFD engineers who will help you work through your specifics. You will also have access to our web-based training videos covering introductory through advanced modeling topics.
- Workshops are online, hosted through Zoom
- Registration is limited to 10 attendees
- Cost: $499 (private sector); $299 (government); $99 (academic)
- Each workshop is broken into two 3-hour sessions
- 30-day FLOW-3D HYDRO license*
*See our Registration and Licensing Policy
- A Windows machine running 64 bit Windows 7 or later
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Webcam recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Registration: Workshop registration is available to prospective users in the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland. Prospective users outside of these countries should contact their distributor to inquire about workshops. Existing users should contact email@example.com to discuss their licensing options.
Cancellation: Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Registrants who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. If available, an attendee can also request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
Licensing: Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.
Register for an Online FLOW-3D HYDRO Workshop
About the Instructor
Brian Fox is a senior applications engineer with Flow Science who specializes in water and environmental modeling. Brian received an M.S. in Civil Engineering from Colorado State University with a focus on river hydraulics and sedimentation. He has over 10 years of combined experience working within private, public and academic sectors using 1D, 2D and 3D hydraulic models for projects including fish passage, river restoration, bridge scour analysis, sediment transport modeling and analysis of hydraulic structures.