FLOW-3D HYDRO Discovery Workshops
Bring essential skills to your company and team while elevating your professional skill set through our FLOW-3D HYDRO Workshops. Discover how FLOW-3D HYDRO’s accuracy and ease of use brings unique insights to many civil engineering projects, including stormwater conveyance, wastewater treatment, coastal protection, and dam infrastructure. Become a proficient CFD modeler in 30 days through our discovery workshop format, starting with a live online presentation and overview, followed by weekly video tutorials and follow-along exercises. Registration includes a 30-day license and personalized support to help you develop skills to improve your project workflow and further your career.
Our discovery workshop format will give you a concrete understanding of how 3D CFD is currently used in the profession, and will address important questions, such as:
- How can FLOW-3D HYDRO be used to achieve the kind of flow modeling accuracy that will provide actionable insights to engineers?
- Will my professional and academic background be sufficient to allow me to become a proficient CFD modeler? What does the learning curve look like?
- How should I be thinking about accuracy and uncertainty? How can I achieve robustness and confidence in my results?
- What does the A-to-Z process of developing a model look like in practice? How can I incorporate this process into my existing workflow?
2024 Workshop Dates
All workshops will be held 11:00am-1:00pm ET.
- January 18
- February 15
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- June 27
Who should attend?
- Our FLOW-3D HYDRO discovery workshops are designed for professional engineers and engineers-in-training who regularly tackle problems in water-related infrastructure, including hydropower, flood control, port and coastal structures, bridges and highways, dam infrastructure improvements or decommissioning, and environmental restoration.
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions.
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, particles, scalars and turbulence.
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools to effectively analyze and convey simulation results.
You’ve completed the workshop, now what?
We recognize that you may want to further explore the capabilities of FLOW-3D HYDRO by setting up your own problem or comparing CFD results with prior measurements in the field or in the lab. After the workshop, your license will be extended for 30 days. During this time you will have the support of one of our CFD engineers who will help you work through your specifics. You will also receive weekly video tutorials and follow-along exercises to ensure your modeling success.
- A Windows machine running 64 bit Windows 10
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Webcam recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Registration: Workshop registration is available to prospective users in the US and Canada. Prospective users outside of these countries should contact their distributor to inquire about workshops. If you are a current FLOW-3D HYDRO user interested in training, please visit our CFD Services page for customized online and in-person training options.
Cancellation: Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Registrants who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. If available, an attendee can also request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
Licensing: Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.