Updated: May 21, 2018.
Flow Science, Inc., a corporate entity incorporated in New Mexico, USA (hereinafter “FSI”), collects and processes Personal Data (as defined below) in the course of its business, including the Personal Data of people browsing its websites (the “Sites”).
We do not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old.
What information do we collect?
Personal Data collected by FSI may include information such as title; first and last name; postal address; email address; telephone number(s); type of organization (company, school, university, etc.); organization name; department; job title; industry and industry sub-industry sectors; machine information related to the device(s) from which licenses for FSI products will be served.
In all cases, however, the Personal Data gathered is limited to data necessary for the purposes described herein.
How do we use your information?
Our primary purpose in the collection and use of your Personal Data is to provide you with the Services you request and for those purposes which we believe will help you optimize your use of the Services. In most cases, the lawful grounds for our use of your Personal Data will be that use: (i) is necessary to perform a contract with you (“Contract”); (ii) is based on your consent (“Consent”); or (iii) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests (”Legitimate Interests”). In certain instances, we may also have a legal obligation to use your Personal Data (“Legal Obligation”).
- Necessary to perform a Contract:
- to provide the information, Services or support you request and related after-sales services
- to identify you and to contact you with product or service updates or training or support options related to products and services you’ve purchased
- to manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration
- Where use of your Personal Data is based on your Consent, we will identify the purposes of processing such data and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent.
- Necessary to carry out Legitimate Interests of FSI:
- to identify you for the purposes of ensuring compliance with the terms of license agreements
- to send messages that are related or useful to the Services we provide you
- to compare your information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties as needed (such as for export compliance purposes)
- to carry out research, including market research, statistical research on site traffic, and sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the Services we provide you and to tailor our sites
- to identify you and verify that both the product and your use of it are appropriately licensed; if we believe that use of our software is unlicensed, we may also share that data with other software companies and organizations set up to counter software theft, as well as with law enforcement
With whom do we share your information and for what purposes?
Though it is extremely unlikely event, we may be compelled to disclose your Personal Data in the interests of security in response to requests by law enforcement, regulatory or government authorities in the USA or any country where we have entities or affiliates.
Delivery of the Services:
The servers used by third-party sites, including social media sites, may not be secure. Despite reasonable security measures taken by FSI and its partners and third-party service providers, use of the internet is not secure and unlawful or unauthorized access to private transmissions or data is possible.
How do we protect your information?
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful access to your Personal Data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce our potential vulnerability to a level appropriate to the types of Personal Data processed.
Where is your information processed?
What are cookies and why do we use them?
A “cookie” is a small file placed on your hard drive by some of our web pages and used to track your activities on our Sites. Sometimes we accomplish the same objectives using electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called a “clear GIFs” or “web beacons”) that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies. Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use Web Beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site.
If you would like more information about the practices described above, and to know your choices, click here: //networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
As outlined above, we (or, in some cases, a third-party service provider or partner on our behalf) may use your Personal Data to send you marketing information in accordance with the marketing preferences you select when providing your information. You may opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications at any time by the following means:
- click the “unsubscribe” link located in each electronic communication; or
- contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “remove” in the subject line.
Please remember that if you change your marketing preferences, it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective. By opting out of marketing communications, you will still continue to receive communications (including emails) related to your User Account and the Services, including product updates, trainings, and communications related to billing, maintenance, and support.
How long do we keep your information?
Data Subject Rights
You have the following data protection rights, as may be amended from time to time by applicable law:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of the Personal Data we retain about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- If you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Data, request that we restrict processing of your Personal Data, or request portability of your Personal Data, as outlined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. You may make any request under this section by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have collected and process your Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance upon lawful processing grounds other than consent (such as processing based on Contract or Legitimate Interests).
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How do you contact us?