Wednesday, August 19 — Thursday August 20
- 12:00pm – 3:00pm (EST)
- Registration deadline: Wednesday, August 12
Wednesday, September 16 — Thursday, September 17
- 12:00pm – 3:00pm (EST)
- Registration deadline: Wednesday, September 9
What will you learn?
- How to set up, run and analyze simulations of laser welding and additive manufacturing processes such as laser powder bed fusion and directed energy deposition.
- How to use FLOW-3D AM and WELD to analyze the effect of specific parameters on your process design.
- How post-processing in FlowSight can be used to create compelling visualizations for in-depth analysis of the melt pool and associated defects.
What happens after the workshop?
- You will have access to a FLOW-3D AM and WELD license for 30 days following the workshop. During this period, a Flow Science CFD Engineer will work closely with you, providing customized technical support to help you develop CFD models for analysis of your process.
- If you decide to purchase a FLOW-3D license, the workshop fee will be fully credited toward your purchase.
Who should attend?
- These workshops are open to scientists and engineers working in industry research and development of additive manufacturing and laser welding processes.
- Each workshop is held over two consecutive days, for three hours each day
- Workshops are hosted on Zoom
- Registration is limited to three attendees
- Registration deadline is one week prior to the first day of the workshop
- Cost: $2,000.00
- Includes a 30 day FLOW-3D AM and FLOW-3D WELD license* and in-depth, customized technical support — a $9,000.00 value
*Workshop licenses available to prospective users in the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- A Windows machine running Windows 7 or later
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Registrants who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. If available, an attendee can also request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
Workshop licenses are available to prospective users in the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland. Existing users should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their licensing options.
About the Instructor
Paree Allu is a Senior CFD Engineer with Flow Science, where he leads the technical and business strategy for Flow Science’s additive manufacturing and laser welding software solutions. Paree holds a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from The Ohio State University.