Hardware Requirements and Recommendations for 2022R1
FLOW-3D products require the following minimum hardware to function:
- A 64-bit CPU supporting SSE4.2
- A workstation-class NVIDIA graphics card supporting OpenGL 4.5+ and display output with 2GB+ VRAM Storage
- At least 100GB disk space
- At least 32GB of RAM
The exact hardware needs depend on the simulation, but the following hardware will usually give good performance for typical problems.
- Current generation x86-64 Intel CPU with 16+ cores and a high clock speed, e.g., Xeon CPU(s)
- NVIDIA graphics card supporting OpenGL 4.5+ and display output with 4GB+ VRAM
- A display with at least 1920×1080 resolution
- 1TB+ NVMe drive
- 128GB+ of high-speed RAM
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements and recommendations
- A 64-bit CPU
- Approximately 40MB disk space
- Approximately 10MB RAM
FLOW-3D products can be used with properly configured third-party remote visualization solutions. See the third-party solution’s documentation for help configuring and troubleshooting these setups or contact the third-party solution’s vendor for further assistance.
Supported operating systems
- Windows: Windows 10
- Linux: RHEL7 and CentOS7*
* Note that FLOW-3D (x) is only supported on Windows
Selecting Hardware for FLOW-3D Products
In this blog, Flow Science’s IT Manager Matthew Taylor breaks down the different hardware components and suggests some ideal configurations for getting the most out of your FLOW-3D products.
Please feel free to contact us to review your vendor quotes or parts lists for new hardware. We’re happy to help you acquire the right machine(s) to maximize your success with FLOW-3D.