SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO, July 1, 2014. Flow Science, Inc. announces the availability of a new release of FLOW-3D CAST, version 4. A major release, FLOW-3D CAST v4 is based on the recently-released solver for FLOW-3D version 11 and provides users many new simulation tools to improve metal castings as well as a new innovative and intuitive Model Setup panel that greatly reduces the time required to create real-world simulations. Users are guided through the simulation setup process by the logically arranged setup panels at the left side of the Model Setup window. Elements of the casting process are entered by their actual names (e.g., mold, casting parts, filters) and appropriate physical models are activated automatically.
The driving factor behind the development of FLOW-3D CAST has always been to closely reflect the workflow and needs of our customers so that they can improve product development, speed up production and deliver high-quality products to market before their competitors, commented John Ditter, VP of Software Engineering at Flow Science.
Key models and improvements to the solver and GUI include:
- A thermal stress model that predicts stresses and deformations in solid and solidified parts in response to pressure forces
- Multiple improvements for modeling cooling channels in dies
- Improved capabilities for modeling the generation of gasses from sand cores
- Several new numerical options that enable faster simulation times
- A new Simulation Manager function in the graphical user interface, allowing users to manage their simulations better, both before and as they run, and to visualize the progress of simulations
- Improvements to the user interface that make setting up simulations much easier and more intuitive
- A new state-of-the-art postprocessor, FlowSight™, capable of analyzing results in ways that were not previously possible
Go here for an extensive description of the improvements in the v4 release.
Flow Science has made this new release available to customers under maintenance contracts.