Based in Santa Fe, New Mexico USA, Flow Science was founded in 1980 by Dr. C. W. (Tony) Hirt, who was one of the principals in pioneering the “Volume-of-Fluid” or VOF method while working at the Los Alamos National Lab. FLOW-3D is a direct descendant of this work, and in the subsequent years, we have increased its sophistication with TruVOF, boasting pioneering improvements in the speed and accuracy of tracking distinct liquid/gas interfaces. Today, Flow Science products offer complete multiphysics simulation with diverse modeling capabilities including fluid-structure interaction, 6-DoF moving objects, and multiphase flows. From inception, our vision has been to provide our customers with excellence in flow modeling software and services. Our most recent strategic plan gives voice to this vision:
To be the only solution that engineers worldwide look to for answers to their free-surface problems; to deliver those answers accurately, quickly, and easily.
Modeling complex flow domains accurately requires specialized techniques, and we are committed to providing expert technical support to each of our customer’s specific modeling needs. As a result, FLOW-3D products expose a significant portion of our program to user interaction, avoiding a ‘black box’ approach employed by other CFD packages, and allowing for more diverse applications. We are proud to support a stellar customer base of commercial, academic, and government users around the globe who use FLOW-3D to improve the world on a daily basis. We take care of these users directly, and through a high-quality channel of subsidiaries (Flow Science Japan, Flow Science Deutschland GmbH, Flow Science Latin America SAS, Flow Science United Kingdom and Flow Science Trading (Shanghai) Co.) and independent partners.
We have been recognized nationally for our ongoing commitment to a healthy work/life balance for our employees.
- 2020 New Mexico Family-Friendly Workplace
- 2019 New Mexico Flying 40
- 2019 New Mexico Family-Friendly Workplace
- 2018 New Mexico Flying 40
- 2018 New Mexico Family-Friendly Workplace
- 2017 New Mexico Flying 40
- 2017 New Mexico Family-Friendly Workplace
- 2016 New Mexico Flying 40
- 20/20 Northern New Mexican
- Best Places to Work in New Mexico 2013
- Voyager Award 2012
- Principal Best 10
- Intel Cluster Ready Voyager Award 2011
- Employer of the Year for the State of New Mexico
- Employer of the Year and Business Excellence Award