Flow Science offers free research licenses to the full featured version of its products for the purpose of academic research. The application is as easy as submitting a concise proposal (2-4 pages) with an introduction, problem definition, and a section on expected results. If accepted, a free license to the full version of FLOW-3D or FLOW-3D CAST will be issued to the principal investigator (PI) of the research project (most commonly the PI is the faculty member in charge of the research).
FLOW-3D CAST allowed me to achieve good results simulating the high-pressure die casting process. Having a free license definitely helped carrying out this research project.
– Francesco Maja, McMaster University
Very powerful software in modeling the flow in open channel hydraulics. We used it for flow simulation under ice cover.
– Soheil Zare, University of Ottawa
To start the application process, please fill out the form below.
- Licenses granted under this programs do not entitle the user to technical support service other than assistance with installation and licensing.
- Only applicants (or PIs) who have never been a customer of Flow Science are eligible for a license under the Research Assistance program.
- Each research group (or PI) is only eligible for one license under the Research Assistance program.
- Licenses issued under the Research Assistance program will be limited to four months. Extensions are available through a paid academic license.
- This program is only available to institutions within the United States and Canada.
Start the Research License Application
If you have any questions, please email RA@flow3d.com.