Our software, FLOW-3D, is used by engineers, designers, and scientists at top manufacturers and institutions throughout the world to simulate and optimize product designs. Many of the products used in our daily lives, from many of the components in an automobile to the paper towels we use to dry our hands, have actually been designed or improved through the use of FLOW-3D.
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for lead generation, pipeline development and major account growth. The Senior Sales Engineer works directly with opportunities to qualify them and determine their needs and how our products and services can best satisfy their requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years experience in a commercial CAE software environment (with at least 3 years in sales). Experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics. Coursework focused on Fluid Mechanics and CFD is a plus. Coursework in business administration or marketing will be very beneficial.
- Experience in the metal casting industry – hands-on or through simulation software – is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication, public speaking, and presentation skills. Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to communicate technical information professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Strong teamwork/relationship management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments and can manage multiple priorities
- Strong project management and problem solving skills. Strong analytical skills in terms of solving complex problems within supported industry(s). Organized and able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Experience with Linux and scripting is a plus.
- Ability to travel (10%+)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with major accounts to expand/maximize the company’s business opportunities with such accounts.
- Follow up on prospect inquiries with timely and accurate responses.
- Generate leads through prospect identification.
- Qualify as well as possible all inquiries to verify they have a budget for software and a need for such a product.
- Run sample simulations and present detailed results in area of interest for potential clients that make such requests.
- Actively participate in prospecting and marketing efforts such as presentations, webinars, user conferences, trade shows, and customer visits.
- Perform market research and create specific marketing content and strategies to target new markets.
- Identify industries the Company can or does already serve and specific target companies within those industries; understand the potential value of the Company’s products and services in each industry in general and the target companies in particular; identify potential user groups and persons to contact; contact such persons to determine potential interest and make appointments for the Company’s sales engineers.
- Position and present FLOW-3D family of products’ unique business values in competitive sales situations against competitors. Presentations, demonstrations, and discussions may be in-person, web-based, or via other mechanisms.
- Independently and together with others in Sales, Marketing, Support and Development, creates technical marketing materials such as: white papers, blog posts, webinars, proofs of concepts, simulations, videos, case studies, brochures, newsletters, etc., that will help the sales of Flow Science portfolio of products.
- Participate in company sponsored events and tradeshows to promote FLOW-3D family of products’ solutions and the customer business issues they target.
- Respond to all elements of RFIs/RFPs in a comprehensive fashion.
- Convey & prioritize customer requirements to Management for Product Development
- Train new Sales Engineers on the product
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), or fax (505-982-5551).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.