The Sales Engineer works with potential clients to determine their needs and demonstrate how our products and services will provide value to their business.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a commercial CAE software environment. Experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics. Coursework focused on Fluid Mechanics and CFD is a plus. Coursework in business administration or marketing will be very beneficial.
- Experience in the metal casting industry – hands-on or through simulation software – is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication, public speaking, and presentation skills. Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to communicate technical information professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Strong teamwork/relationship management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments and can manage multiple priorities
- Strong project management and problem solving skills. Strong analytical skills in terms of solving complex problems within supported industry(s). Organized and able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Experience with Linux and scripting is a plus.
- Experience with the FLOW-3D software is a big plus.
- Ability to travel (10%+)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up on prospect inquiries with timely and accurate responses.
- Generate leads through prospect identification.
- Qualify as well as possible all inquiries to verify they have a budget for software and a need for such a product.
- Run sample simulations and present detailed results in area of interest for potential clients that make such requests.
- Position and present FLOW-3D family of products’ unique business values in competitive sales situations against competitors. Presentations, demonstrations, and discussions may be in-person, web-based, or via other mechanisms.
- Independently and together with others in Sales, Marketing, Support and Development, create technical marketing materials such as: white papers, blog posts, webinars, proofs of concepts, simulations, videos, case studies, brochures, newsletters, etc., that will help the sales of Flow Science portfolio of products.
- Participate in company sponsored events and tradeshows to promote FLOW-3D family of products’ solutions and the customer business issues they target.
- Provide technical support for customers taking an evaluation license and for customers in FLOW-3D training classes.
- Respond to all elements of RFIs/RFPs in a comprehensive fashion.
- Convey & prioritize customer requirements to Management for Product Development
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Suite A, Santa Fe, NM 87505), or fax (505-982-5551).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Flow Science is committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of the employment relationship, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring; placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay and other compensation and all other terms conditions and privileges of employment.