A senior developer possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of FLOW-3D and is a leader in planning, managing, tracking and implementing major development projects for the software. As a senior member of the development team, the incumbent is expected to provide expert assistance to junior members of the team, as well as developers and engineers in other departments. The incumbent may also be called upon to orient, train and mentor junior members of the development team.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Deep understanding and proven experience in numerical methods used in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), including heat and mass transfer, and free surface modeling.
- Excellent understanding of CFD applications in industry (work experience in industries such as metal casting, civil hydraulics, MEMS, consumer products, etc., will be preferred).
- Excellent understanding of software development process for large projects and an excellent command of FORTRAN 90.
- Experience in developing and debugging parallel programs written using OpenMP will be highly valued.
- Good understanding and proven experience in fluid-structure interaction will be highly valued.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and team working ability.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. in the discipline of engineering, applied mathematics or physics and at least 5 years of software development experience in industry.
Senior Developer Attributes
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Code development
- Identify, research feasibility of, and propose significant new additions and/or modifications to FLOW-3D which will satisfy the increasing demands of existing users and prospective customers;
- Acting only under very general supervision, develop and implement agreed code developments, insuring that they:
- Correspond to the company’s general development goals and are completed in a timely manner;
- Are robust, efficient and of high quality, using consistent programming style throughout, ensuring readability and clarity of the newly added/modified coding;
- Are fully tested and validated;
- Do not conflict with existing code or impair its performance, and debugging the code in a timely manner to insure that the code produces accurate, validated results.
- Review, evaluate and propose changes to the development work of other members of the development team.
- Training and support
- Provide expert technical assistance to more-junior developers and engineers, and in particular, act as mentor for entry level developers;
- Act as liaison to other departments to explain the technical requirements and capabilities of new developments as well as their commercial merits.
- Document new additions and modifications with writing technical notes and amending the User Manual;
- Provide assistance to users and international representatives, primarily through the Company’s support staff, but also directly when necessary;
- Participate in development and delivery of software training.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Flow Science, Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (email@example.com).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.