The work of a developer focuses on developing, implementing and documenting new additions and modifications to the FLOW-3D software package to meet the increasing demands of the Company’s industrial and scientific user base. An important part of the responsibilities is maintaining the accuracy, efficiency and stability of all existing features of the FLOW-3D solver.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Robust knowledge and understanding of physics of fluids and heat transfer.
- Experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) including heat and mass transfer, and free surface modeling.
- Experience in large-scale software development and an excellent command of modern FORTRAN.
- Good understanding and experience in parallel programming using OpenMP and MPI will be highly valued.
- Experience with implementing Finite Element methods in application to structural modeling is a plus.
- Experience in CFD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) applications in industry is a plus.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. in the discipline of engineering, applied mathematics or physics and at least 5 years of software development experience.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Developing and implementing new additions and modifications to the FLOW-3D software package to meet the increasing demands of the Company’s industrial and scientific user base.
- Insuring that the new developments correspond to the company’s general development goals and are completed in a timely manner.
- Insuring that the newly developed algorithms are robust, efficient and of high quality, using consistent programming style throughout, ensuring readability and clarity of the newly added/modified coding.
- Documenting the new additions and modifications by writing technical notes and amending the User Manual.
- Maintain accuracy, stability and efficiency of the main solver program, including debugging and finding solutions for issues with the existing and newly added numerical and physical models.
- Providing assistance to users, primarily through the Company’s support staff, but also directly when necessary.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Flow Science, Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Suite A, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (email@example.com).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.