The work of a developer focuses on developing, implementing and documenting new additions and modifications to the FLOW-3D software package to meet the increasing demands of the Company’s industrial and scientific user base. An important part of the responsibilities is maintaining the accuracy, efficiency and stability of all existing features of the FLOW-3D solver.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Good understanding and proven experience in numerical methods used in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), including fluid-structure-interaction.
- Good understanding and proven experience in numerical methods used in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) including heat and mass transfer, and free surface modeling.
- Good understanding of software development process for large projects and an excellent command of FORTRAN 90.
- Experience in implicit and iterative solvers for incompressible flows will be highly valued
- Experience in developing and debugging large programs will be highly valued.
- Good understanding and proven experience in parallel programming using OpenMP and MPI will be highly valued.
The candidate should have a Masters degree or higher in the discipline of engineering, applied mathematics or physics.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Developing and implementing new additions and modifications to FLOW-3D to meet the increasing demands of the Company’s industrial and scientific user base.
- Insuring that the new developments correspond to the company’s general development goals and are completed in a timely manner.
- Insuring that the newly developed algorithms are robust, efficient and of high quality, using consistent programming style throughout, ensuring readability and clarity of the newly added/modified coding.
- Documenting the new additions and modifications by writing technical notes and amending the User Manual.
- Maintain accuracy, stability and efficiency of the main solver program, including debugging and finding solutions for issues with the existing and newly added numerical and physical models.
- Providing assistance to users, primarily through the Company’s support staff, but also directly when necessary.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Flow Science, Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (email@example.com).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.