At Flow Science we solve the world’s toughest CFD problems involving free surface flows, turbulence, heat transfer and fluid-structure interaction. We are looking for an HPC developer to join our team to work on the HPC/Cloud version of our flagship CFD software FLOW-3D and help enable fast turnaround times for complex simulations for users all around the world.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Parallelize models for the HPC solver
- Identify performance bottlenecks, research and implement new technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of the HPC solver
- Assist in resolving HPC related solver issues reported by users
- Assist in verification and validation of the HPC solution
- Maintain and further develop the existing fluid-structure interaction and thermal stress evolution models
- Design, organize, plan, test and help implement designs for HPC cloud environment
- Research, port and test FLOW-3D products on new HPC cloud platforms
- Assist the sales team in getting new users up and running on the cloud
- Assist existing users with running on the cloud
Required experience and skills
- An engineering degree from an ABET or equivalently accredited university and some work experience
- BS degree (engineering/applied math/computer science) with 5 years of relevant experience, OR
- MS degree (engineering/applied math/computer science) with 3 years of relevant experience, OR
- PhD degree (engineering/applied math/computer science) with 0-1 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in finite element methods, fluid-structure interaction and thermal stress evolution
- Experience in scientific computing technology
- Message Passing Interface (MPI) programming and understanding. Experience with OpenMP is preferred but not essential.
- Experience working in Linux environment
- HPC cluster experience (setup and use)
- Experience with workload management tools (PBS, Slurm, Oracle Grid Engine)
- Experience with Linux cluster management software (e.g., Rocks)
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, perl, Python)
- Experience using performance analysis tools such as Intel Vtune Amplifier, Arm MAP, or Open|SpeedShop
- Programming experience with modern Fortran/C
- Excellent oral communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity up to 30% of base salary.
Resumes may be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.