FLOW-3D (x) for HYDRO Modeling Workshop
February 14, 2023 | 1pm – 4pm ET
FLOW-3D (x) is a powerful, versatile, and intuitive connectivity and automation platform, which also includes a native optimization engine specifically designed for CFD applications. In this workshop, our aim is to introduce FLOW-3D (x) to the HYDRO modeling community in a practical, hands-on fashion that allows you to explore this new tool for yourself. The workshop is free and includes a 30 day FLOW-3D (x) license, as well as five (5) additional FLOW-3D HYDRO optimization tokens so that you can run FLOW-3D (x) models without any interference with your existing license pool.
Over the course of three hours, we will teach you how to setup automation workflows typically found in hydraulic modeling applications. Topics cover model input parameter through post-processed output automation, a mesh convergence automation example, and a parametric CAD optimization example.
Please note: this workshop is for existing FLOW-3D users in the US or Canada, with a current license and maintenance contract.
- Brief introduction to FLOW-3D (x) and its user interface
- How to build a workflow in FLOW-3D (x)
- Hands-on model input parameter through post-processed results automation example
- Hands-on mesh convergence automation example
- CAD optimization and parametric design example
- How you can explore FLOW-3D (x) over the next 30 days
- A Windows machine running 64-bit Windows 10
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
- At least 8 CPU cores and 32Gb of memory
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Cancellation: Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Licensing: Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.