Unless otherwise noted, all workshops run from 1:00pm – 3:00pm ET (10:00am – 12:00am PT).
- HPDC: July 15, 2021
- Sand Casting: September 2, 2021
- HPDC: October 14, 2021
Want to schedule an online ‘in-house’ workshop for your team? Contact our workshop instructor.
What will we cover in our HPDC workshop?
What will we cover in our Sand Casting workshop?
What happens after the workshop?
- During your 2-week license period, we will provide additional consulting and training. If desired, you can provide our casting engineer with your casting geometry (STEP format) and process conditions for a more customized training experience.
Who should attend?
- Process and casting engineers working in foundry or die casting industries
- Industry researchers working on new alloy developments, lightweighting, and other challenges in modern metal casting
- University students interested in CFD for casting applications
- All workshops are online, hosted through Zoom
- Registration is limited to 6 attendees
- Sand Casting: $249
- HPDC: $499
- 2-week FLOW-3D CAST license*
*Workshop registration is currently only available to prospective or lapsed users in the United States and Canada.
- A Windows machine running Windows 7 or later
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Registration: Workshop registration is currently only available to prospective or lapsed users in the United States and Canada. Prospective users outside of these countries should contact their distributor to inquire about workshops. Existing users should contact email@example.com to discuss their licensing options.
Cancellation: Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Registrants who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. If available, an attendee can also request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
Licensing: Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.
Register for an Online FLOW-3D CAST Workshop
About the Instructor
Joel Jacob is an experienced CFD Engineer at Flow Science, with over 15 years of simulation background in metal casting, fluid dynamics and heat transfer. He has experience with onsite hands-on training, consulting and technical support for complex manufacturing applications. He also brings in-depth knowledge of the latest high performance computing, hardware builds and cloud computing technology. Joel has a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Aerospace Engineering.