Stay tuned for new FLOW-3D CAST workshop dates!
Want to discuss an online ‘in-house’ workshop for your team? Contact our workshop instructor.
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions
- How to apply complex physics such as air entrainment, as well as FLOW-3D CAST‘s pioneering filling and solidification models to your simulation, to analyze defects, and adjust your casting design
- Best practices for casting simulation and design analysis in FLOW-3D CAST
What happens after the workshop?
- After the workshop, your FLOW-3D CAST license will be extended for 30 days. During this time, one of our CFD engineers will work closely with you to help you apply FLOW-3D CAST to a casting problem of your choosing. You will also have access to our web-based training videos covering introductory through advanced modeling topics.
Who should attend?
- Process and casting engineers working in foundry or die casting industries
- Industry researchers working on new alloy developments, lightweighting, and other challenges in modern metal casting
- University students interested in CFD for casting applications
- Workshops are online, hosted through Zoom
- Registration is limited to 6 attendees
- Cost: $99
- 30-day FLOW-3D CAST license
Workshop registration is currently only available to prospective or lapsed users in the United States and Canada.
- A Windows machine running Windows 7 or later
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Registration: Workshop registration is currently only available to prospective or lapsed users in the United States and Canada. Prospective users outside of these countries should contact their distributor to inquire about workshops. Existing users should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their licensing options.
Cancellation: Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Registrants who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. If available, an attendee can also request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
Licensing: Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.
Register for an Online FLOW-3D CAST Workshop
About the Instructor
Ajit D’Brass studied manufacturing engineering with a concentration on metal casting at Texas State University. His current work focuses on how to expedite the design phase of a casting through functional, efficient, user-friendly process simulations. Ajit helps customers use FLOW-3D CAST to create streamlined, sustainable workflows.