The Director of Accounting and Finance is responsible for managing and performing all aspects of the Company’s treasury and accounting functions, financial & tax planning and budgeting. The incumbent reports directly to the President & CEO of the company.
Education, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience in private industry utilizing GAAP
- 2+ years of experience managing the accounting function for a company
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or other ERP accounting systems is required
- Experience with multiple currency billing processes, available state job training and tax incentive programs, and ERP accounting systems preferred
The ideal candidate for this position will be self motivated, independent, and professional, and will have strong communication and presentation skills, as well as strong persuasion, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensure that accounts payable are processed and paid and accounts receivable are invoiced and collected in a timely manner
- Process payroll in a timely manner, including payment of payroll taxes, transmission of all benefit deductions and filing of multi state payroll reports as required
- Maintain the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Perform monthly close and issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations; calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and tracking reports
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via e-mail (email@example.com), mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Suite A, Santa Fe, NM 87505), or fax (505-982-5551) and should include a cover letter detailing how candidate meets the requirements of the position.