Flow Science is searching for a CFD Developer to join its Research and Development Department. The work of a Developer focuses on research, development, implementation and documentation of new additions and modifications in the numerical methods and computational physics in our flagship CFD software, FLOW-3D. Continuous, cutting-edge research and development remains the cornerstone of Flow Science’s business model in order to meet the increasing demands of FLOW-3D’s commercial and academic user base and maintain its competitive advantage in the CFD industry.
This position will be focused on FLOW-3D’s civil, hydraulics, water & environmental and coastal engineering markets. Applicants with experience in model development in these areas in academic or industry are encouraged to apply.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Good understanding and proven experience in numerical methods used in CFD, including heat and mass transfer, and free surface modeling
- Good understanding of software development process for large projects and an excellent command of modern FORTRAN
- Experience in hydraulics, water and environmental engineering, and/or coastal engineering CFD modeling: depth-averaged shallow water equations, waves, sediment transport and scour, multi-phase flows, turbulence and air entrainment, and reaction kinetics
- Experience in implicit and iterative solvers for incompressible flows
- Experience in developing and debugging large computational codes
- Good understanding and proven experience in high performance programming using OpenMP and MPI
A PhD in the discipline of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics or physics with focus on CFD is required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Research, development, and implementation of new additions and modifications in numerical methods and computational physics to Flow Science’s flagship CFD software, FLOW-3D.
- Insuring that the new developments correspond to the company’s general development goals and are completed in a timely manner.
- Insuring that the newly developed algorithms are robust, efficient and of high quality, using consistent programming style throughout, ensuring readability and clarity of the newly added/modified coding.
- Documenting the new additions and modifications by writing technical notes and amending the User Manual.
- Maintain accuracy, stability and efficiency of the main solver program, including debugging and finding solutions for issues with the existing and newly added numerical and physical models.
- Providing assistance to users, primarily through the Company’s support staff, but also directly when necessary.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Flow Science, Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (email@example.com).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.