Flow Science is in need of a civil engineer with expertise solving problems and working on projects in the water & environmental industry (spillways, sediment scour, open channel flows, and fish passages) to advise and support our many customers in this industry. The focus of this position is on providing first-rate customer support, training and documentation for our commercial general-purpose (CFD) software package, FLOW-3D.
Experience in water & environmental industry in a civil engineering capacity required through work and/or education. Experience in the use of a commercial CFD code, either in industry or university settings is a positive attribute. Experience with Linux is a plus.
The candidate should have a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (preferred), Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
You will use your exceptional knowledge of fluid mechanics, numerical analysis, and related processes to help commercial and academic users in the Water & Environmental industry with simulation set-up, troubleshooting, and interpretation of results. Additionally, you will teach regular classes on applied CFD, work closely with development teams to validate FLOW-3D, and provide assistance to our sales and marketing teams by publishing papers and representing Flow Science at conferences. This is a very diverse, challenging, and exciting role where technical ability and communication skills are paramount.
Customer Support and Training
- Provide timely and complete responses to customers’ requests for technical support, via telephone, e-mail, and web sessions
- Participate in the training of users, including developing and updating the training materials, presenting class lectures, and making occasional trips to users’ offices to provide onsite training.
- Assist in preparation and updating of users manuals.
- Assure continuous improvements to FLOW-3D by developing relevant test problems and procedures. Work with the various development groups to ensure that the needs of our customers are being met.
- Work with sales team to help discuss and demonstrate product capabilities to potential clients.
- Work with marketing team on various tasks to help provide material promoting our products.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants must be available to attend an onsite interview in Santa Fe, New Mexico.