In these CFD workshops held at Tetra Tech, Freese and Nichols, Michael, Baker, Stantec, WSP and Brown and Caldwell, Flow Science Senior CFD Engineer, John Wendelbo, will introduce water & environmental simulation workflows using FLOW-3D. The workshop includes a mix of lectures and A-Z model setup tutorials including post-processing analysis using FlowSight. Key modeling features include open channel free surface hydraulics, scour & sediment deposition, and wastewater recovery facility topics. Materials are formulated so that no prior experience of CFD modeling is necessary.
Workshop Dates & Locations
Participants will learn
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions.
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, particles, scalars and turbulence.
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results.
- Advanced topics, including air entrainment and bulking phenomena, shallow water and hybrid 3D/shallow water modeling, and chemistry.
About the Instructor
Who Should Attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modeling community
- All modelers working in the field of environmental hydraulics
About Our Workshops
Our workshops provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to learn about FLOW-3D and its powerful multiphysics modeling capabilities. These workshops are designed to cover the fundamentals of specific modeling simulations, provide hands-on learning, and allow attendees to test drive the software by building a model from scratch. Additionally, each participant receives a free 30-day license and access to tutorial videos and practice examples.
- Registration is limited to 12 attendees
- Cost: $499
- Lunch provided by Flow Science
- Bring your own laptop to follow along or just watch
All workshop registrants* will receive a 30-day
license of FLOW-3D (a $2,000 value).
*This offer only applies to prospective or lapsed customers.
Cancellation policy: For a full refund of the registration fee, attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop. After that date, no refunds will be made.