In these CFD workshops, held with partners and leading civil engineering firms ATKINS, Tetra Tech, Freese and Nichols, Michael Baker, Stantec, WSP, Wade Trim, HDR, Schnabel and Brown and Caldwell, Flow Science Senior CFD Engineer, John Wendelbo, will introduce water & environmental simulation workflows using FLOW-3D. Each workshop includes a mix of lectures and A-Z model setup tutorials including postprocessing analysis using FlowSight. Key modeling features include open channel free surface hydraulics, scour & sediment deposition, and wastewater recovery facility topics. Materials are formulated so that no prior experience of CFD modeling is necessary.
Interested in hosting a workshop at your company? Request a CFD workshop >
CFD Workshop Dates & Locations
Participants will learn
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions.
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, particles, scalars and turbulence.
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results.
- Advanced topics, including air entrainment and bulking phenomena, shallow water and hybrid 3D/shallow water modeling, and chemistry.
About the Instructor
Who Should Attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modeling community
- All modelers working in the field of environmental hydraulics
About Our Workshops
Our workshops provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to learn about FLOW-3D and its powerful multiphysics modeling capabilities. These workshops are designed to cover the fundamentals of specific modeling simulations, provide hands-on learning, and allow attendees to test drive the software by building a model from scratch. Additionally, each participant receives a free 30-day license and access to tutorial videos and practice examples.
- Registration is limited to 12 attendees
- Cost: $499
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Lunch provided by Flow Science
- Bring your own laptop to follow along or just watch
All workshop registrants* will receive a 30-day license of FLOW-3D (a $2,000 value).
*This offer only applies to prospective or lapsed customers.
Cancellation policy: For a full refund of the registration fee, attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop. After that date, no refunds will be made.