FLOW-3D specializes in transient, free-surface flows and is recognized as the premier tool for full 3D free surface modeling in applications related to the water & environmental industry. Common areas of application include the design of dam spillways, river hydraulics, fish passages, wastewater treatment, and sedimentation/scour evaluations. We have a large global user base that includes governmental agencies, private consultants, and academic research institutions. In this position, the intern will focus on water & environmental applications.
Recent or imminent Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with hydraulics/water civil infrastructure emphasis, physical oceanography, maritime or coastal engineering. Strong understanding of fluid mechanics and open channel flow principles is required. Prior hydraulic modeling experience using 1D, 2D, or 3D/CFD methods strongly preferred. Strong 3D CAD skills and GIS skills also highly desired. Candidates should have exceptional oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Principal tasks and responsibilities
- Validations: Indentify appropriate experimental or analytical results against which to test FLOW-3D for specific application areas. Develop and document validations comparing FLOW-3D to the experimental or analytical results.
- Support: Assist Flow Science’s permanent staff in providing timely and complete responses to requests for technical support from FLOW-3D customers and associates.
- Training: Attend training classes for FLOW-3D.
Interns will contribute and learn by:
- Developing advanced CFD modeling skills with the CFD tool FLOW-3D
- Developing an understanding of the available physics modules available to FLOW-3D users
- Developing an in-depth understanding of CFD methods applied to industry-relevant problems
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the physics and processes associated with industry-relevant problems
- Developing a broad overview of key market segments relevant to free surface CFD applications
- Interacting on a daily basis with the solver, GUI, sales and marketing teams at Flow Science
- Having an opportunity to fine tune their presentation skills, through internal presentations of their work as well as possibly live presentations to potential prospects
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Suite A, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (email@example.com).