Come work in one of the best small cities in the US1 for one of the best companies in New Mexico2! Flow Science is growing tech company with deep roots looking for outstanding engineers with an interest or expertise in the aerospace, automotive, additive manufacturing, and consumer products industries.
Principal responsibilities and key requirements
CFD engineers work at the intersection of classical physics, numerical methods, and computer science. We spend our days using our expertise in these fields to solve complex real-world engineering problems, to teach others about applied CFD, and to guide our development teams to create new models that grow our capabilities and application areas. This challenging and dynamic role requires the following skills to be successful:
- An engineering degree from an ABET or equivalently accredited university and some work experience
- M.S. degree (mechanical, aerospace, or chemical engineering preferred) and engineering internship experience OR
- B.S. degree (mechanical, aerospace, or chemical engineering preferred) and 2+ years of engineering work experience
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, particularly fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and solid mechanics
- Excellent oral communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comfortably navigate a diverse, multicultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Common sense and an unending desire to learn
Preferred skills and experience
Exceptional CFD engineers usually draw heavily on the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of relevant industry or academic experience (e.g., additive manufacturing, consumer product processing, coating, analysis of complex fluids, propellant management design, slosh analysis, etc.)
- Experience with CFD, FEA, or other numerical analysis
- Experience with experimental setups and data analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Programming experience (FORTRAN and Python)
- Demonstrated initiative in work projects
- EIT certification
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers a year-end bonus opportunity up to 30% of base salary.
Still interested? Submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper copies may be submitted via mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505) or fax (505-982-5551). Not quite what you’re looking for? Check out our other openings on our Careers Page >
1 HuffPost listed Santa Fe, NM as one of the top 5 small cities in the US
2 Flow Science has been named one of the Best Places to Work in New Mexico by Albuquerque Business First.