Flow Science, Inc. has an immediate opening for a CFD engineer with experience in open channel flow modeling. The candidate will work as part of a multi-faceted team to expand and support our growing customer base of FLOW-3D users in water and environmental applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of fluid mechanics and open channel flow principles. Prior hydraulic modeling experience using 1D, 2D methods for open channel applications is required. Experience with 3D/CFD modeling is highly desired. Strong 3D CAD skills and GIS skills are also highly desired. Candidates should have exceptional oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- M.S. Civil/Environment Engineering or related engineering degree with emphasis on water/wastewater applications
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience and expertise in conventional or industry standard modeling techniques and software
- Knowledge and experience of related processes or systems (e.g., sediment transport, coastal modeling, or municipal systems) desired
Principal tasks and responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise in water and environmental analyses
- Identify appropriate experimental data or analytical solutions and use them to further validate FLOW-3D.
- Assist FLOW-3D customers with simulation set-up, troubleshooting, and interpretation of results for water and environmental applications
- Assist in teaching regular classes on applied CFD to FLOW-3D
- Use engineering expertise to identify potential areas of growth for FLOW-3D applications and guide future development work.
- Develop materials (conference presentations, papers, etc.) and represent Flow Science at conferences and tradeshows.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
FLOW-3D specializes in transient, free-surface flows and is recognized as the premier tool for 3D free surface modeling in applications related to the water & environmental industry. Common areas of application in the W&E industry include the design of dam spillways, open channel flow, river hydraulics, fish passages, wastewater treatment, and sedimentation/scour evaluations. We have a large global user base that includes governmental agencies, private consultants, and academic research institutions.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).