FLOW-3D specializes in transient, free-surface flows and is recognized as the premier tool for 3D free surface modeling in applications related to the water & environmental industry. Common areas of application in the W&E industry include the design of dam spillways, open channel flow, river hydraulics, fish passages, wastewater treatment, and sedimentation/scour evaluations. We have a large global user base that includes governmental agencies, private consultants, and academic research institutions.
Flow Science has an immediate opening for a CFD engineer with experience in municipal/wastewater engineering. The candidate will work as part of a multi-faceted team to expand and support our growing customer base of FLOW-3D users in municipal applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of fluid mechanics and open channel flow principles. Prior hydraulic modeling experience using 1D, 2D methods for municipal/wastewater applications is required. Experience with 3D/CFD modeling is highly desired. Strong 3D CAD skills and GIS skills are also highly desired. Candidates should have exceptional oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
M.S. Civil/Environment Engineering or related engineering degree with emphasis on water/wastewater applications
- 3+ years of experience in municipal/wastewater applications
- Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities
- Experience and expertise in conventional or industry standard modeling techniques and software
- Wastewater treatment processes, including: activated sludge, aeration tank and contact tank
- Conveyance facilities and systems
- Combined sewer overflows
- Transient (surge) analysis
Principal tasks and responsibilities
- Be the subject matter expert in municipal/wastewater engineering
- Identify appropriate experimental or analytical results against which to test FLOW-3D for municipal/wastewater applications. Develop and document validations comparing FLOW-3D to the experimental or analytical results.
- Assist FLOW-3D customers with simulation set-up, troubleshooting, and interpretation of results for municipal systems and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Assist in teaching regular classes on applied CFD to FLOW-3D
- Use municipal/wastewater engineering expertise to identify potential areas of growth for FLOW-3D applications and guide future development work.
- Develop materials (conference presentations, papers, etc.) on municipal/wastewater systems and represent Flow Science at conferences.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity.
Resumes may be submitted via mail (Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).