All FLOW-3D Microfluidics workshops run from 12:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- August 18, 2022
- September 22, 2022
- October 20, 2022
‘In-house’ workshops are available for organizational teams of up to ten attendees; for more information and scheduling, contact our microfluidics workshop instructor.
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions
- How to add capture coupled physics with models such as electrokinetics, heat transfer, and Lagrangian particles
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools to effectively analyze and convey simulation results
What happens after the workshop?
- After the workshop, your license will be extended for 30 days. During this time you will have the support of one of our CFD engineers who will help you work through your specifics. You will also have access to our web-based training videos covering introductory through advanced modeling topics.
Who should attend?
- Researchers, scientists and engineers working in the fields of microfluidics, biomedical devices, inkjets, capillary flows, diagnostics, or lab-on-a-chip
Are private workshops available?
Yes! ‘In-house’ workshops are available for organizational teams of up to ten attendees; for more information and scheduling, contact our microfluidics workshop instructor.
- Workshops are online, hosted through Zoom
- Registration is limited to 10 attendees
- Cost: $499 (private sector); $299 (government)
- 30-day FLOW-3D license*
*See our Registration and Licensing Policy
- A Windows machine running 64-bit Windows 10
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Registration: Workshop licenses are available to prospective users in the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland. Prospective users outside of these countries should contact their distributor to inquire about workshops. Existing users should contact email@example.com to discuss their licensing options.
Cancellation: Flow Science reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Registrants who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm MST one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. If available, an attendee can also request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
Licensing: Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.
Register for an Online FLOW-3D Microfluidics Workshop
About the Instructor
Karthik Ramaswamy is a senior CFD engineer with Flow Science, where he uses CFD to investigate and solve problems in microfluidics, biomedical engineering, complex fluids, and consumer product manufacturing processes. He also works in hydrodynamic modeling for civil infrastructure, coastal engineering, municipal, marine and water/environmental applications. Karthik holds a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.