We invite our customers from around the world to join us at the FLOW-3D World Users Conference 2023. The conference will be held on June 5-7, 2023 at the Sofitel Strasbourg Grande Ile in Strasbourg, France. Join fellow engineers, researchers and scientists from some of the world’s most renowned companies and institutions to hone your simulation skills, explore new modeling approaches and learn about the latest software developments. The conference will feature application-specific tracks, advanced training sessions, technical presentations by our customers, and the latest product developments presented by Flow Science’s senior technical staff. The conference will be co-hosted by XC Engineering.
Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts is now open through March 31, 2023!
Share your experiences, present your success stories and obtain valuable feedback from the FLOW-3D user community and our senior technical staff. Abstracts should include a title, author(s) and a 200 word description and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reception will take place at the conference hotel, Sofitel Strasbourg Grande Ile in the Vineyard from 18:00-19:00 on Monday, June 5. All conference attendees are invited to this event.
The conference dinner will take place the evening of Tuesday, June 6. All conference attendees are invited to this event. Time and location, TBA. Stay tuned for more details!
- March 31, 2023: Abstracts Due
- April 7, 2023: Abstracts Accepted
- May 26, 2023: Presentations Due
- June 5, 2023: Advanced Training Sessions
- June 6, 2023: Conference Dinner
- Day 1 and 2 of the conference: 300 €
- Day 1 of the conference: 200 €
- Day 2 of the conference: 200 €
- Guest Fee (social events only): 50 €
- Training Sessions: Free!
Advanced Training Sessions
All training sessions are free for conference attendees!
- 1:30-300: FLOW-3D (x)
- 3:00-3:30: Coffee break with refreshments
- 3:30-4:00: Rescale & Cloud Computing
- 4:00-5:30: FLOW-3D POST
FLOW-3D POST: Beyond the basics, simulation troubleshooting and advanced scene rendering
FLOW-3D POST is a flexible, powerful post-processing tool which allows the user to easily change focus from cell-level point property investigations up to complete scene advanced rendering. In this training we will explore two common post-processing functions. We will first learn how to extract point value information for either troubleshooting or run-time improvement purposes. This part is deeply technical but offers the reward of providing insights into why a simulation may be running into numerical difficulties or inefficiencies. In the second part we learn how to create compelling images and animations by exploiting advanced rendering effects using vectors, ray tracing and moving camera effects.
FLOW-3D (x): Efficiency and improved simulation insights through automation
FLOW-3D (x) is a powerful addition to the FLOW-3D toolkit which allows users to easily connect, automate and optimize many simulation elements, from CAD parametric definitions through automated simulation and post-processing complete cycle workflows. In this training, users will learn how to use FLOW-3D (x) in conjunction with other software nodes in order to create robust simulation environments, thereby automating simulation and post-processing tasks to greatly improve workflow efficiency.
Attendees will receive a free 3-month license of FLOW-3D (x) after the conference.
Rescale: A new platform for FLOW-3D users to leverage cloud-based high performance computing (HPC) resources
Flow Science is offering a new cloud-based resource, Rescale, for customers to run FLOW-3D models on a wide selection of remote hardware. This training is structured around three topics:
- Opening a Rescale account, running a model and post-processing data;
- Running on Rescale in command line mode versus using Rescale in a user interface-based environment; and
- Detailed benchmarking on many different types of hardware architectures available on Rescale, to clarify the cost-performance considerations tied to hardware choice and HPC deployment strategy. At the end of the training session, users will have a clear command of both the practicalities and the costs of running models on the Rescale platform.
Each presenter will have a 30 minute speaking slot, including Q & A. All presentations will be distributed to the conference attendees and on our website after the conference. A full paper is not required for this conference. Please contact us if you have any questions about presenting at the conference. XC Engineering will sponsor the Best Presentation Award.
Meeting Room Rate
The meeting room block will be open from January 15 to April 15, 2023.
- Classic room: 195.00 euros per night
- Superior room: 220.00 euros per night
- Superior room with balcony: 250.00 euros per night
- Luxury room: 250.00 euros per night
- Breakfast included for 1 person
- Extra charge for double occupancy: 30.00 euros per night
- Local tax: 3.30 euros per person and per night
- Free of charge cancellation if notified more than 7 days prior to arrival.