FlowSight™ Beta Available Soon!
FLOW-3D's future visualization tool, FlowSight™, is under development, and now entering the testing phase. FlowSight is being developed in collaboration with CEI, using its gold-standard EnSight® post-processing engine.An initial beta version was made available to attendees at the 2013 European Users Conference in Madrid. Soon, a second beta version of FlowSight will be made available to FLOW-3D users in support. To request your copy of the beta, please contact email@example.com. Free FlowSight training will be offered directly preceding the 2013 FLOW-3D World Users Conference on September 18th in Chicago, Illinois.
Flow Science Academic Promotional Offers
For a limited time, Flow Science is offering two exciting new programs for academic institutions and students. For the 2013-14 academic year, these two programs will be made available to academic institutions in the US and Canada.
Flow Science is offering FREE licenses to the full featured version of its products for the purpose of academic research. The application is as easy as submitting a concise proposal (2-4 pages) with introduction, problem definition, and expected results. If accepted, a FREE license to the full version of FLOW-3D or FLOW-3D Cast would be issued to the principal investigator of the research project (most commonly the PI is the faculty member in charge of the research).
Please submit your proposals to RA@flow3d.com.
Flow Science is offering FREE network licenses of FLOW-3D to faculty members who are interested in incorporating a commercial CFD package into their course syllabus. Courses like fluid mechanics, undergraduate level CFD, graduate level CFD, turbulence, or hydraulics are the perfect candidates to take advantage of FLOW-3D. If accepted, a network license for the full version of FLOW-3D or FLOW-3D Cast would be issued with the appropriate number of seats will be awarded to the department offering the course.
Please submit your proposals to TA@flow3d.com.
- Licenses granted under these programs do not entitle the user to technical support service other than assistance with installation and licensing.
- Licenses issued under the Research Assistance program will be limited to four months. Extensions are available through a paid academic license.
- Licenses issued under the Teaching Assistance program will be limited to simulations with no more than 200,000 computational cells.
Webinar: Introduction to FLOW-3D/MP: High Performance Multi-Core Computing Applications
Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:00 AM EDT
This webinar aims to introduce FLOW-3D/MP to engineers working on large simulation problems, where scaling up to take advantage of multi-core clusters can considerably shorten simulation runtimes. Flow Science engineers will be presenting practical implementations of FLOW-3D/MP and will showcase numerous benchmark studies highlighting both the ease of use and runtime gains achieved by using FLOW-3D/MP.
Watch an On-Demand Webinar: FLOW-3D for Hydraulic, Water Resource and Coastal Engineering Applications
This webinar focuses on presenting a broad set of hydraulics related applications and physics that can be tackled using FLOW-3D and will also demonstrate the software's ease of use and versatility. Watch the webinar.
Early Notification of Platform Support Changes in 2014
With the next release of FLOW-3D in 2014, as previously announced, Flow Science plans to make some changes to the platforms it supports:
- We will drop support for the following Linux operating systems: Red Hat 4 and SUSE 10.
- We will drop support for the following Windows operating systems: XP and Vista.
- We will no longer distribute a 32-bit version of FLOW-3D on any operating system.
The above changes will also apply to future releases of FLOW-3D/MP and FLOW-3D Cast that are based on the same solver version.
FLOW-3D Training Schedule
Flow Science offers application-specific training classes every month. Whether you're new to CFD, want to learn about the latest version of FLOW-3D or need some individual consultation, our training classes will help you get up to speed. Register online.
The next scheduled dates for FLOW-3D training are:
- March 4-6, 2014 (General) - cancelled
- April 1-3, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- May 6-8, 2014 (Water & Environmental)
- June 3 -5, 2014 (General)
- July 8-10, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- August 5-7, 2014 (Water & Environmental)
- September 2-4, 2014 (General)
- October 7-9, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- November 4-6, 2014 (Water & Environmental)
- December 2-4, 2014 (General)