FLOW-3D User Wins Award
Scott Giese, Associate Professor at the University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, received an award at Cast Expo 2013 for his "leadership in the technical development of foundry practices while educating the youth of our industry to meet the scientific demands of the future." Congratulations, Scott!
(Information taken from Foundry Planet's website)
Happy Earth Day - Solar Powered CFD
The 37.6 kilowatt photovoltaic system installed on Flow Science's rooftop in January of 2011 has produced to date 141 MWh of electricity. This has the equivalent carbon offset of 97.7 tons or 8 acres of trees. The system has 160 panels using 80 micro-inverters and in an average month produces 4-6 MWh of power. We’re very happy with our investment in a cleaner environment.
Career Opportunities at Flow Science
Flow Science has two job openings available, Software Engineer and CFD Engineer. Visit the Flow Science careers page to read the full job descriptions and how to apply.
FLOW-3D Training Schedule
Flow Science offers application-specific training classes every month. Whether you're new to CFD, want to learn about the latest version of FLOW-3D or need some individual consultation, our training classes will help you get up to speed. Register online.
The next scheduled dates for FLOW-3D training are:
- December 3-5, 2013 (General)
- January 7-9, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- February 4-6, 2014 (Hydraulics)
- March 4-6, 2014 (General)
- April 1-3, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- May 6-8, 2014 (Hydraulics)
- June 3 -5, 2014 (General)
- July 8-10, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- August 5-7, 2014 (Hydraulics)
- September 2-4, 2014 (General)
- October 7-9, 2014 (FLOW-3D Cast)
- November 4-6, 2014 (Hydraulics)
- December 2-4, 2014 (General)