Breaking News: 2004 FLOW-3D User's Conference
FSI founder and the News'
editor Tony Hirt visits
with Dan Gessler
Geir J. Rørtveit, Michael
Barkhudarov, Rabi Bhola,
and Boris Lukezic
Carlos Esparza, Valter Garetto,
and Matteo Corrado share a laugh
Flow Science held its 2004 FLOW-3D Users Conference on September 20-21 in Chicago, Illinois. In addition to presentations by Flow Science staff on upcoming features in Version 9.0 and on the soon-to-be-released cluster version, FLOW-3D/MP, there were numerous and varied presentations by users showing results of their work with FLOW-3D.
Presentations were made by users showing results in a nice variety of industrial applications of FLOW-3D:
- Daniel Vahidi, Solar Turbines, The Behavior of a Free Surface in a Simulated Gas Turbine Oil Reservoir Subjected to Axial Acceleration
- Milan Ivosevic, Richard A. Cairncross, and Richard Knight, Drexel University, Impact Modeling of Thermally Sprayed Polymer Particles
- Brice Le Gallo, Bureau Veritas, Application of FLOW-3D in Sloshing Simulations Considering LNG Carrier Partially Filled Tanks
- Jorge D. Abad, Inci Guneralp, Marcelo H. García, Bruce L. Rhoads, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Bank Erosion Control: CFD Modeling of Submerged Vanes
- Snorre Heimsund, University of Bergen, Modeling Turbidity Currents by FLOW-3D Simulations
- Jun Zeng, Coventor, FLOW-3D Simulation to Aid Digital Microfluidics Design
- Dan Gessler, Alden Research, Modeling of Spillways Using FLOW-3D
- John Richardson, Blue Hill Hydraulics, Three-Dimensional Flow Modeling of Laboratory Vortex Test
- Sami Vapalahti and Seppo Louhenkilpi, Helsinki University, A Study of the Importance of the DynamicSituations In Steel Continuous Casting Tundis
- Ernst W.M. Hansen, Geir J. Rørtveit and Jørn Bakken, Complex Flow Design, CFD Analysis for the Petroleum and Hydro-Power Industries
- Matteo Corrado and Alessandro Incognito, XC Engineering, and Valter Garetto, Teksid Aluminum, Filling and Solidification Analysis of a Cylinder Block Using FLOW-3D
In addition to the user presentations, Flow Science's Michael Barkhudarov detailed the many new features coming in FLOW-3D Version 9.0, while Tony Hirt laid out a roadmap for future FLOW-3D developments. Joining John Ditter to discuss the upcoming cluster version, FLOW-3D/MP, was Dr. Anthony Skjellum, Chief Software Architect for Verari Systems, Inc., of Birmingham, AL. Interested in receiving a copy of the CD-ROM with the presentations? Contact us at Flow Science!