Thermosetting Resin CFD Modeling Software
FLOW-3D ThermoSET is the first CAE package aimed specifically at solving the complex and unique problems surrounding the development and production of products using thermosetting resins. These materials, with their high adhesive and structural strength and thermal and chemical durability, are used in semiconductor devices, generators, transformers and switches, coils and other components for electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles, printed circuit boards, and MRIs. However, they also present unique issues and problems in the production processes used to put the materials to use.
Working in cooperation with Hitachi and Terrabyte Corporation, Flow Science can now offer engineers seeking to tackle these most challenging problems a high level tool to produce accurate predictions of void formations, incomplete filling, overfilling, and gold wire deformations. FLOW-3D ThermoSET has been used in the electronics industry in Japan for over 5 years with great success.
FLOW-3D ThermoSET Advantages
FLOW-3D ThermoSET consists of a custom FLOW-3D solver designed to model the flow and thermal characteristics of thermosetting resins in fast, accurate simulations and a specialized user interface designed to provide:
Applications for FLOW-3D ThermoSET:
- Resin encapsulated devices such as semiconductors, memory devices, diode devices, electronic modules for automobiles, ignition parts, sensor parts and more, using the molding, potting, under filling, and die bonding processes.
- Encapsulation of motor coils, generator coils, MRI coils, and superconducting coils using molding and resin transfer molding.
- Heavy electrical transformers and circuit breaker
- Casks for storage and transport of radioactive used nuclear fuel
- Anisotropic conductive film and non conductive film