Modeling Fluid Structure Interaction for Inkjet Applications
A new General Moving Object model was introduced with FLOW-3D Version 9.0. This robust model, the only one of its kind in commercial CFD codes, allows users to model rigid body dynamics with six-degrees-of-freedom fully coupled with fluid flow. This powerful fluid structure interaction model has many attributes that will give engineers a powerful tool:
- Users can evaluate the motion of multiple objects.
- There are no limitations on the geometry or range of motion.
- Objects can be allowed to move freely, or the user can prescribe the motion.
- Specified time-dependent thrust forces and torques can be applied to the objects.
- The range of motions includes motion around a fixed axis or point.