CFD Engineer Job Posting
Our software, FLOW-3D, is used by engineers, designers, and scientists at top manufacturers and institutions throughout the world to simulate and optimize product designs. Many of the products used in our daily lives, from many of the components in an automobile to the paper towels we use to dry our hands, have actually been designed or improved through the use of FLOW-3D.
Open position: Flow Science, Inc., in Santa Fe, New Mexico, has a job opportunity for a CFD Engineer.
General description: The focus of this position is on providing first-rate customer service support and training for our commercial general-purpose CFD software package, FLOW-3D.
Required education, experience, and skills
- A recently obtained degree (Master’s degree preferred) in mechanical or chemical engineering or physics
- Experience in the use of a commercial CFD code, either in industry or university settings, will be a very positive attribute; some experience in industry is a plus
- Experience with Windows and Linux
- Fortran 90 and/or C, C++, a plus
- Customer Support and Training
- Provide timely and complete responses to customers’ requests for technical support, via telephone, e-mail, and web sessions.
- Record support questions and resolutions in database.
- Participate in the training of users, including developing and updating the training materials, presenting class lectures, and making occasional trips to users’ offices to provide onsite training. Prepare the classroom work stations for training classes.
- Assist in preparation and updating of users manuals.
- Assure continuous improvements to FLOW-3D by developing relevant test problems and procedures. Work with the various development groups to ensure that the needs of our customers are being met.
- Work with sales team to help discuss and demonstrate product capabilities to potential clients.
- Work with marketing team on various tasks to help provide material promoting our products.
Attributes of a successful candidate
- Conceptual/creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Adaptable, inquisitive and open-minded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ambitious and highly motivated
Benefits: Flow Science offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package superior to those offered by most large companies. Flow Science employees receive a competitive base salary, employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, relocation assistance, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with extremely generous employer matching, and an outstanding incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus.
Contact: Resumes may be submitted via mail (Flow Science, Attention: Human Resources, 683 Harkle Road, Suite A, Santa Fe, NM 87505), fax (505-982-5551) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.flow3d.com for more information about Flow Science, Inc.