Flow Science Announces Release of FLOW-3D Version 9.3
SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO, August 11, 2008. Flow Science, Inc. announces the availability of a new release of its FLOW-3D computational fluid dynamics software.
Version 9.3 of FLOW-3D offers more powerful solutions for a wider variety of multiphysics modeling environments, and includes further improvements to simulation speed, ease of use, and ability to secure powerful, meaningful results. All of this has been accomplished while retaining FLOW-3D’s unsurpassed accuracy in solving free-surface flow problems.
"This new release has a lot to offer engineers in every one of our industrial segments," said Dr. Michael Barkhudarov, Flow Science’s Vice President of Research & Development, in kicking off the release. "Version 9.3 will help users manage their FLOW-3D simulations better and make design optimization an easier task. The many new and extended models we’ve incorporated significantly expand our multiphysics capabilities."
New features include:
- Fully-coupled fluid-structure interaction with elastic membranes and elastically-flexing walls
- Evaporation residue model
- Two-component, vapor/non-condensable gas model, with evaporation/condensation
- Thermally-active layers in walls
- Moving object assemblies
- Intensification pressure for microporosity model
- Volume flow rate boundary condition
- Ability to change solver parameters while the solver runs
- Navigator to manage and launch multiple simulations
- Numerous new solver output options
Flow Science has commenced shipment of the new release to customers under maintenance contracts.
Flow Science, Inc. is a privately held software company specializing in transient, free-surface flow modeling software for industrial and scientific applications worldwide. Flow Science has distributors for FLOW-3D sales and support in nations throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. FLOW-3D is a registered trademark in the USA and other countries.
For information, contact Flow Science, Inc. at: